Thursday, May 6, 2010

Malygos Must Die

While this isn’t as exciting as Rahana downing the Lich King, but I’m happy to report that I was able to PuG my way through Malygos the other day.

I had gotten the key for the place out of Naxx a while ago, but only used it once before. Back before ToC came out, I tried it with a PuG, but we couldn’t make it past Phase 2 before the group fell apart.

This time, I ran with a group wanting to complete [Malygos Must Die]. Actually, I was surprised to see a group looking for that quest. This was the first time it came up as a random weekly raid quest since I restarted my account.

I knew enough to stay at the dragon’s side and I remembered reading about staying in the bubbles on Phase 2, but just before Phase 3, my computer bugged out on me and I died to his Deep Breath (I think, my computer seemed to think it was the ideal time to run an HP update).

Instead of half the group leaving after we wiped on the first try, we just talked about what we needed to change. (I still find it odd that some people like to hang out on a dragon’s tail.) Luckily, the group listened to the raid leader, (not me, I had no idea what I was doing) stayed to the sides of the dragon, moved to the biggest bubbles in Phase 2 and got the right rotation down on Phase 3 on our third try.

In the end, it wasn't too painful and I was glad to get that one out of the way.

Afterward, I also realized I received the [Champion of the Frozen Wastes] achievement out of the deal, so I had even more reason to celebrate.

Next step: find a way to PuG my way to Arthas' throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment